Tuesday, June 14, 2011

A Quick Project

Hey!

I have a quick little project to share.

I saw an arrangement in a local gift shop that I just loved but the $76 price tag!  Hm..... not so much.

So, I decided to copy it --- all that was needed was a pocket basket, some silk flowers and a bird's nest.
  
I went to my local thrift shop and purchased this lovely basket along with several stems of hydrangea.

The bird's nest is an old Christmas ornament I had and I raided my stash of old silk flowers and found the dogwood.

Then, I went to Michael's and purchased a sprig of yellow flowers on sale and a small bottle of chalkboard paint.
I painted the Christmas scene out with the chalkboard paint, added a little florist foam into the bottom of the basket to secure the flowers and a small amount of florist tape to anchor the bird's nest to the basket and voila !!!

A cute addition to my back door for under $5!!!


Now, if I can only keep the wrens from building a nest in it.......

Blessings,

Mimi

"Many are the plans in a man's heart, but it is the LORD's purpose that prevails."
Proverbs 19:21 The Holy Bible



5 comments:

  1. That was just beautiful -- so inviting! Backdoor guests are best, you know :) Thanks for sharing your creative ideas and your lovely pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tnaks Jena! You're the best kind of backdoor guest!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't spell ! Lol Thanks!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look at you! Of course you made something lovely from "stuff" around your house. Grand idea! GREAT picture - really shows off your handiwork. Love the chalkboard paint idea.... Cammy

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so pretty and looks like you spent $76 :)

    ReplyDelete