Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Pouf Power



Hey! 

Poufs?  What are poufs???  Back in the old days, we called them footstools.
Today, they are a hot commodity in the home accessories market and can be a bit pricey.

Doodlebug needed extra seating for her and the Roomie in their dorm room.
I found two of these lovely babies--- $3 a piece.


First, I cut away the old vinyl.  No special tools required...just a pair of scissors.


After I removed the old fabric, I discovered how the footstool was made.  Sometimes, it's a real surprise!!   I added batting to the top and sides and covered it with white naugahyde that I satin stitched a design on top.


The poufs are now at home in the Delta Delta Delta house with my Doodlebug and her Roomie. 


Total cost: $25 !!!


Blessings,


Mimi


"This is what the LORD says: "Heaven is my throne, and the earth is my footstool."..." 
Isaiah 66:1     The Holy Bible 


1 comment:

  1. Great job! You have a real knack for not seeing what is, but rather what could be. You are a very clever lady. xoxox

    ReplyDelete