Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Day 30 of 31 Days of Books Off My Shelf

Day 30

Hey!

Wow!  The month has gone by quickly and I have so many more books I would love to share.  I'm thinking of making a book post a regular feature in addition to other things.  What do you think??

Love Walked In 
Marisa De Los Santos

Love Walked In 

Told in alternating voices, the story is first narrated by Cornelia, a young woman who has a passion for  classic movies and a budding relationship with a man named Martin.

 "Maybe love comes in at the eyes, but not nearly as much as it comes in at the ears, at least 
in my experience.  As we talked, lights flicked on inside my head; by the end of the night, 
I was a planetarium."
 
Clare, an 11 year old child of divorced parents also narrates this story.  She has been estranged from her father, Martin until the day he learns her mother has had a breakdown and she has been left to care for herself.  Through life's twists and turns, Clare and Cornelia form an unlikely friendship and bond.
 "There's a kind of holiness to love, requited or not, and those people who 
don't receive it with gratitude are arrogant beyond saving."

 A sweet debut novel about love, home and the need to be needed by another.

I thank you for coming by each day of this month to read about some of the books off my shelf.  I hope you'll join me on Thursday, November 1st for a Bonus Book !!! 
Also, my thoughts and prayers are with all of y'all that have been affected by Sandy : )
Happy Reading!


Mimi



 "And this is love: that we walk in obedience to his commands.  As you have heard from the beginning, 
his command is that you walk in love."    2 John 6  NIV Bible




No comments:

Post a Comment