Thursday, November 1, 2012

Bonus Book of 31 Days of Books Off My Shelf

Bonus Book


Hey! 

I'm so glad to be able to share with you today the book that has had the most profound effect on my life.  Although I do occasionally help with beauty pageant winners in interview, I assure you this choice of book for me is not to win a sparkling earthly crown.  This book is dangerous and the words within it have the power to change and transform a life.

I became a Christian as a child but I was in my early 30's before I discovered a love for Bible study.  Before I began really studying Scripture,  I tried to follow God and do the right things but I really didn't know much about God or how He felt about anything.

NIV Church Bible

I felt that the Christian life had to be more than what I was experiencing.   I noticed that some women loved to read the Bible and could quote it and found such strength in it and quite frankly, I couldn't figure out what was so special.  I mean I knew it was supposed to be but I had a hard time finding the Bible to be interesting or easy to understand.  I wanted to be like those ladies though.  So one day over 17 years ago, I asked God to help me love His word and to know it and He began to answer that request.

Since that time, I have seen a change in my life in how I respond to others and situations.  I still don't always make right choices or love others like I should but the journey of faith is one of daily sanctification and daily steps and now, unlike before, I have the right tools to help me.
Bible study saved me because I was drowning from trying so hard and now, I try to help others by teaching Bible study.

I wanted to share this book in the hope that if you know about it but haven't really studied it that you will find a local Bible study and enter into a great adventure and also, for those that might never have heard of this book to consider picking it up and reading it.  The Bible is actually 66 individual books that have been placed into a book together.   The texts are filled with action, adventure, intrigue, but above all, the words are a love story.  Not sure where to start?--- I'd start with The Gospel of John.

Thank you so much for following my posts over the last 31 Days!  I hope that you will come back often, say hi and see what I've been up to : )

Blessings,

Mimi


"For God so loved the world that He gave his one and only Son,  that 
whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life."  
John 3:16  NIV Bible


If you'd like to catch up on all of my 31 Day Book posts, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment