Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Quick Holiday Projects

 Quick Holiday Projects


Hey!

I thought I'd share some quick holiday projects that I've made over the years.  All of these projects were made with inexpensive materials that were either purchased new or found at my local thrift shop.

Transform an ornament with spray paint.  I bought these nutcrackers at Michael's and sprayed them this year. 


Hot glue old brooches, earrings, necklaces, buckles into a Christmas tree on a canvas and frame.  I used black velvet from an old dress I picked up from a thrift shop as the background.


Sew buttons to a pillow in the shape of a tree.


Spray paint and stencil an old outdated or beat up tray or cookie sheet into a new holiday tray. 


Hot glue candy onto styrofoam shapes to make candy balls and topiaries and seal with clear acrylic spray paint to preserve.  I decorated this table for a Ladies Night Out at my church.  


Make a wreath out of old Christmas ornaments.


Decoupage and seal pictures on tile squares to make Christmas coasters.  I'll be posting a tutorial on this craft in the future!


What kind of Christmas crafts have you been doing?  I'd love to hear about them!

Blessings,

Mimi
 

In that day the LORD Almighty will be a glorious crown, a beautiful wreath for the remnant of his people. 
 Isaiah 28:5  NIV Bible


No comments:

Post a Comment