Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Songs of My Childhood Playlist

Songs of My Childhood

Hey! 

I promise, cross my heart, this post will be the very last one celebrating my very BIG birthday!  I've had fun all month long making lists: here and here.  I really do appreciate y'all being patient with me and letting me carry on about my BIG day all month. 

Music has the power to speak when words can't, to stir a heart into a form of expression such as sadness or joy, to transcend language and age barriers and to calm the spirit.  Music can also transport us to recall a certain time and place.  Today, I'm sharing a musical journey through my childhood with you.   I've loved listening to Sarah's playlists at All Manner of Inspiration so much that I must credit her for giving me this idea to share with you.  She does fabulous playlists!  You can check out her 31 Day playlist series by clicking here.

All fifty songs in my playlist have a memory attached. I made my sweet daughter and daughter in law sit and listen as I told them the stories behind the songs.   Thank you sweetiepies for indulging me!  For instance, the very first song on the list is the first "radio" song that I remember.  I was 5 years old and the older kids in the neighborhood sang it.  By the lyrics, you'll understand why the song made an impression on my big five year old self.

You KNOW your songs are oldies when they're used as the background music for commercials! I hope you have a GREAT time listening to these "oldies".   Enjoy!


And just in case the player doesn't work, I've included the list below and a link to the playlist page.
For link, click here
 Songs of My Childhood
Brand New Key --Melanie
Crocodile Rock -- Elton John
ABC -- Jackson 5
Puppy Love -- Donny Osmond
Julie, Do Ya Love Me --- Bobby Sherman
I'm a Believer -- The Monkees
I've Got You Babe -- Sonny & Cher
We're an American Band -- Grand Funk Railroad
I Honestly Love You --- Olivia Newton John
Take Me Home, Country Road --- John Denver
Love Will Keep Us Together -- The Captain and Tenille
Stayin Alive --- The Bee Gees
Just You And Me --- Chicago
Soul Man -- The Blues Brothers
The Logical Song -- Supertramp
Hotel California --- Eagles
Don't Stop --- Fleetwood Mac
Jump -- Van Halen
Don't Look Back -- Boston
Cold As Ice --- Foreigner
Black Water --- The Doobie Brothers
Come Sail Away -- Styx
I'm Alright --- Kenny Loggins
We Will Rock You --- Queen
Cheeseburger in Paradise --- Jimmy Buffet
Mr. Blue Sky -- ELO
Don't Stop Believing --- Journey
Thriller --- Michael Jackson
No More Tears --- Barbara Streisand & Donna Summer
Hold The Line -- TOTO
New York Groove -- Ace Frehley
Love Will Find a Way -- Pablo Cruise
Call Me --- Blondie
You Make My Dreams Come True -- Hall & Oates
I Want You to Want Me --- Cheap Trick
Shake it Up --- The Cars
Girls Just Want to Have Fun --- Cyndi Lauper
We Got the Beat -- The Go Gos
Hungry Like the Wolf --- Duran Duran
That's All --- Genesis
Every Breath You Take --- The Police
Feels So Good -- Chuck Mangione
 On Broadway -- George Benson
The Heart of Rock and Roll --- Huey Lewis & the News
Love is a Battlefield --- Pat Benatar
Stray Cat Strut --- The Stray Cats
Rock Lobster --- The B-52's
Celebration --- Kool & the Gang
We Are the World --- Assorted Artists singing for Live Aid
Just the Way You Are ---- Billy Joel

Blessings,

Mimi


"On your feet now----applaud GOD! Bring a gift of laughter, sing yourselves into his presence."  
Psalm 100:1,2 The Message







No comments:

Post a Comment