Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Lemon Tiramisu

Lemon Tiramisu


Hey!

Do you like tart lemon desserts? I do, the pucker-ier the better!  I made a wonderful dessert for Easter evening.
I found this Lemon Tiramisu recipe in  Southern Living Magazine.  I changed it up a tad.  They made theirs in shot glasses to serve 24 people and I made mine in a large bowl.  I've included the links to the original recipes online and in that recipe, you will find the directions for layering the dessert into shot glasses.

Everyone at my house loved it!  I would suggest that you make the lemon curd the day before so you don't have as much to do when you put it together. 


  • 1 (8-oz.) container mascarpone cheese 
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 1 cup whipping cream
  • 2 (3-oz.) packages ladyfingers
  • 1 1/2 cups lemon curd (see recipe below)
  • 24 fresh raspberries
  • 24 small fresh mint sprigs

Preparation

1. Stir together first 3 ingredients just until blended.  

2. Beat whipping cream at medium speed with an electric mixer until soft peaks form; fold into cheese mixture.

3. Layer ladyfingers into the bottom of the bowl.  Next, spoon half of the lemon curd onto the ladyfingers spreading it around. Next, layer half of the mascarpone mixture on top.  Repeat the layers once with remaining ladyfingers, lemon curd, and mascarpone mixture. Top it with raspberries and mint. Cover and chill 2 hours.  ( Mine took 1-1/2 hours.)

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mouth is watering, Mimi! I have been eyeing your recipe for days {only now getting back to my computer}. This looks fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you enjoy it! Did not last long around here :)

      Delete