Thursday, May 9, 2013

The Living Room Project

Hey!

I teased you last week with pictures of what my Honey Do is busy doing in my living room.  If you missed the tease, you can find it here.

We moved in this house about 15 years ago.  We did some small redecorating projects like painting and removing layers of wallpaper in this room but saved the big renovation project for another day.  Well, another day is finally here!

Honey Do thinks the house was built in 1978.  We don't have a separate living room and den.  We have one large living space.  The room has a vaulted ceiling with rough hewn beams and a large faux rock fireplace wall.   I liked the rock, at first, until I had to try and decorate around it.  Seriously, what do you do with those decorative niches?!  I think the bottom one was used for wood except we have a gas fireplace and the top one had mirror which I painted out because it reflected the back of the niche which was raw sheetrock -- not pretty. 

Move in day: 1997


The demolition is almost finished and the drywall is about to go up.  The space, on the far right of the picture where Honey Do is shining a flashlight, still has to come out. 


Here's the plan:


We're removing the fireplace from the wall on the right that shares the foyer entrance.  I want to relocate the fireplace and put in bookcases on the vaulted ceiling wall.  I think the flow of the room will greatly improve by moving it to this wall.  I also want to get rid of the carpet. 
I wish renovation was quicker but Honey Do is doing his part and I'm trying to do mine.  I have tons of sewing in my future. I want to make slipcovers for my furniture and I can't wait to show you the awesome fabric I've found for curtains!

Blessings,

Mimi

"...Build up, build up, prepare the road! Remove the obstacles out of the way of my people." 
 Isaiah 57:14  NIV Bible

No comments:

Post a Comment