Friday, September 13, 2013

31 Days of October Challenge 2013 Coming Soon!

Hey!

The October writing challenge is looming and I've been brainstorming about what to write.  For the past two years, I've participated in the Nester's challenge to write about a topic each day for the 31 days of October.

I, first, participated two years ago with 31 Drawers of Change.  I spent the month organizing various drawers throughout my home and most some are still clean.


Last year,  I wrote about 31 Books on my Shelf.  I had such a great time writing on that topic that I considered writing about books again.  Click on the picture or go to the books tab under my header to see the books I reviewed in last year's challenge.


This year, I've been slow to come up with a topic.  I've enlisted the help of my family and I'm narrowing down my choices.   I don't want to spill the beans so you'll have to wait until the big announcement later this month.  If my top choice comes together, I think it'll be a whole lot of fun!

The challenge has been not only a writing exercise but also a place to meet other bloggers and read some awesome posts.   From last year's participants, I was introduced to new authors and books, art journaling, building a better blog, lovely lines, better ways to express hospitality in my home, and music playlists.   And that's only the tip of the blogging iceberg.   I can't wait to see what everyone will be writing about this year and how many participate.  1,200 joined in last year.  What about you?  Are you in?


Blessings,

Mimi


"My heart is stirred by a noble theme as I recite my verses for the king; my tongue is the pen of a skillful writer." 
 Psalm 45:1  NIV Bible

4 comments:

  1. Oh, shucks! I thought I was going to get the scoop. :) I look forward to your series!! I'm participating as well, just narrowing down my topic, too. Can't wait for October 1 on State of Hospitality!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Katie! Fingers crossed what I've got planned works : )

      Delete
  2. I enjoyed that last year. I kind of want to do one again, but I can't believe it's almost October already!!!

    ReplyDelete