Saturday, October 13, 2012

Day 13 of 31 Days of Books off my Shelf


Day 13

Hey!

I have a story for you today about nonconformity, acceptance and learning to be happy with who you are.

Stargirl 
by Jerry Spinelli


Stargirl is the new girl at school and she is different.  The other kids don't know what to think about her.
"We did not know what to make of her.  In our minds we tried to pin her 
to a cork board like a butterfly but the pin merely went through and away she flew"

Stargirl encourages her classmates and loves them and because of her actions, others begin to do the same.
"It was a rebellion she led.  A rebellion for rather than against.  For ourselves"


Happy Reading!


Mimi


"I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; 
your works are wonderful, I know that full well." 
Psalm 139:14  NIV Bible

No comments:

Post a Comment