Saturday, December 17, 2011

O Christmas Trees

Hey!

We finally got our tree up and decorated this year after a slight change of plans.

I have been mentioning to Honey Do for several years that our 21 year old artificial tree was looking a bit tired and we needed a new one.

In fact, it shed more needles than a cut tree!

And as we were putting it up this year .... the tree gave a sigh and fell apart!

Honey Do, therefore, took a chainsaw and cut down a tree in our yard: a cedar.

If you've never had a cedar tree, then you're not familiar with their quirks as Christmas trees.  Cedar trees tend to be wonky but smell wonderful.

Here's a sampling of our Christmas trees through the years.

Red bows and popcorn balls in cellophane --- (I decorated with non breakables when my children were small.  Less stress!)


 My mother, brother and I made these God's eyes one afternoon when I was young with popsicle sticks and yarn.   


Crocheted snowflakes, pinecones and candy canes


This tree had garland made from packing peanuts, fishing line, and colored cellophane wrap.  What was I thinking ?!  I must've had A LOT of time on my hands that year to make that garland!!


Pretty tree with ornaments we've collected and the children made for us.


Last year's tree, I decorated with brass house numbers and brass letters that I found at a thrift store for next to nothing.--- love that!


And this year's tree in all its wonky glory!!



Each day is bringing us just a little closer to Christmas!
Are you ready??

Blessings,

Mimi


"But the angel said to them, "Do not be afraid, I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all the people.  Today in the town of David, a Savior has been born to you; he is Christ the Lord."   Luke 2:10,11  The Holy Bible


No comments:

Post a Comment