Thursday, October 25, 2012

Day 25 of 31 Days of Books off my Shelf

Day 25


Hey!

Sorry for the delay in posting a book today... I am still having computer problems accessing my dashboard with my blogger site.  Is anybody else having similar problems?  

84 Charing Cross Road 
 Helene Hanff
84, Charing Cross Road

84 Charing Cross Road is a delightful tale of friendship that evolves via correspondence over a 20 year period  between freelance New York writer Helene Hanff and secondhand book dealer Frank Doel in London.   Their friendship spanned from 1949-1969. 

Of books, Helene writes,

"I shall sprinkle pale pencil marks through it pointing out the 
best passages to some book lover yet unborn."

I'm one of those people who *gasp* underlines and writes in their books.  Most books get this treatment though not all.  In fact, one of my friends and I have been known to share a book and share the comments in the side margins.  I know... rather dorky and strange : )  Perhaps that's why I like the above quote so much.

When we share a book we've loved, don't you think in essence we're sharing a little part of ourselves, making ourselves vulnerable in the hopes that the other person will love those quotes and that book as much as we did?

What are your thoughts??  I would love to hear them and what book you would love to share with me!


Happy Reading!


Mimi


"You yourselves are our letter, written on our hearts, known and read by everybody."  
2 Corinthians 3:2  NIV Bible




Over 1200 bloggers joined the 31 Day Challenge, check them out here!

No comments:

Post a Comment