Friday, March 1, 2013

Fantastical, Who Knew?!

Fantastical, Who Knew?!

Hey!

A couple of weeks ago, I came to the conclusion that my office organization needs to match my personality so that I can be more efficient.  Seems like such an obvious idea, but truly, the idea had not dawned on me.  Hmmm... I wonder what that says about me??

I do know that I like to spread out when I work and I like to see what I need which means that I often sit on the floor to do projects and put my things in piles where I can get to them easily and see them all at once.

Little did I know that I was already showing signs of my organizational personality type; until,  I came across this post which led me to this quiz and then, this explanation.   I was so surprised with the results that I took the quiz twice!   Both times (and even changing a few of the answers) I came up with the same result.   All I can say is... That explains alot!

First thing I did was to get rid of containers that I couldn’t see through so I ordered these clear ones from The Container Store.  They're awesome!  Now, I can see what I need and easily retrieve it.  I may have to order more because one found its way to my freezer to hold those pesky frozen veggie bags that kept sliding out and landing on my feet and one, now, resides in the bathroom under the sink to hold all the bottles and jars together.
 
Multi purpose Bins from The Container Store

When I was young, my mother used to keep me out from under foot and help her clean by having me organize her kitchen pantry.  I would spend an afternoon lining up the cans according to color, or type when I was old enough to read.  As I got older, the women in my family would have me come for a visit to organize their closets.  Consequently, my family viewed me as an organized person and if they thought so... I must be, right?
The reality is what appeared to others to be a love of organization was my expression of love to them by helping.  I enjoyed cleaning those hidden spaces because the newly tidy areas gave the recipients joy. 

After taking the quiz, I understand why conforming to the expected methods of organization has been such a struggle.  I'm freed from guilt and frustration over why I can't seem to stay pulled together as well as the pressure to do what is expected.  Working with my natural inclination, strategically, changes my outlook for success and helps me achieve my goal: a clean office.

Why don't you give the quiz a whirl?  I'd love to hear what type you are!
The quiz

Blessings,

Mimi

"Now this is what the LORD Almighty says: "Give careful thought to your ways.""  
Haggai 1:5  NIV Bible


No comments:

Post a Comment