Thursday, April 25, 2013

A Slice of Life: April

A Slice of Life: April

Hey! 

Bringing you a snapshot of happenings in my world over the last couple of weeks. 
New finds from thrift stores:  I think this Drexel dresser walked off the showroom floor into the thrift shop and then walked out and over to my house. 


A few other finds...


Over the weekend, I directed the beautiful outdoor wedding of my next door neighbor's daughter.  I'm not sure who did her flowers but my neighbor refinished those backdrop doors.


The colors were so delicate in the bouquets.


The guest registry table...



My neighbor made all of these teacup lights.  The center of the flowers had a battery tea light and a glove with a spoon helped the cup hang from the hook. 


Honey Do installed a new dishwasher.  Replacement parts were no longer available for the old one.  Why is it appliances die after 18 years?  Shouldn't they last a lifetime?!


This cabinet is getting an overhaul but you'll have to wait for a final reveal.



We tried out Edie's Honey Garlic Pizza and homemade crust. Very tasty!  Click here for the recipe.


And last but not least, I started leading a new bible study on  Covenant  by Kay Arthur.  I did the Precept Covenant many years ago and loved it.  This workbook format is just as good.  I highly recommend it.  The understanding of covenant is so foundational to the Christian faith but rarely preached.



Now that you've seen what I've been up to; what's going on in your neck of the woods?

Blessings,

Mimi

 "...I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full."  
John 10:10b NIV Bible




No comments:

Post a Comment