Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Constant Companion

Constant Companion

Hey!

She was my constant companion for almost fifteen years.  She nuzzled her way into my cat-lovin' heart.  And as all good sheepdogs do; she herded, guarded and watched over me (and everything else) faithfully every day. 
Meg was gentle and never met a stranger in human or animal form. 

Opie and Meg Easter 2013
















My son and Meg: 2007


My daughter and Meg: 2002

In the early days, she caught Frisbees and tennis balls for hours always wearing me out first.  And she invented a game of rolling the tennis ball with her nose to the exact spot of the pool where the jet was located; she would then, push the ball into the pool at that location and the jet would carry the ball out to someone to throw it for her.  Meg had us trained!

The craziest thing Meg ever did was eat a sweet gum ball as a puppy which lodged in her esophagus.  Whatever possessed her to eat such a prickly thing, no one knows?!  Meg also had a passion for popcorn.


As she aged, breathing became labored which I talked about in the fall, here.  We thought it was her heart but Meg had a mass in her right lung and arthritis in her hips.  Living became hard and painful for her.
We had a good last day together filled with sunshine.  I imagine her now busy herding all the sheep of God's pasture. 

Blessings,

Mimi

"A man of many companions may come to ruin, but there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother."  
Proverbs 18:24  NIV Bible

No comments:

Post a Comment