Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Bible Study Online!

Hey!

I'm so excited to share with you today what I have been working on and praying about for what seems like an eternity!

For the past 18 years, I have been teaching bible study at my local church.  I've loved every minute of it.  Well, maybe not the setting up of tables and chairs but, I have certainly enjoyed all the rest. 

I haven't always been passionate about the bible.  Actually, I think I was rather late to the party figuring out how transforming bible study can be in your life.  Many years ago, I found myself feeling that I was tired of the way my life was going and I was either going to sink or turn to God for some serious help.  I chose God.  I started out, slowly, studying with a few ladies who took me under their wing.  That experience with them led to many more.  I could speak volumes about the power of inviting and mentoring.

Over the years, I've seen myself and my family change in positive ways.  I like to say, bible study saved my life but really, it was God working on me through His Word.

Today marks the beginning of an answer to a long standing prayer request.  A prayer that began with asking God for women to mentor and also, to expand and reach more people for discipleship.

The answer came in a rather ordinary way.  I had a light bulb moment walking down the hallway.   I knew the idea was from God because of the certainty I felt in my spirit.

The answer:

Click on the name to see the site.

A place for people to come and join a bible study with others and the beauty of it? It's online.  You can come anytime you want and even wear your grubby pjs and nobody will care.

I'm, personally, inviting you to come and be a part of our very first study which will be Scouting The Divine by Margaret Feinberg.  The study will begin on Monday, September 9, 2013.  You can join in the discussions on the Sweeter Than Honey Ministry website or the Sweeter Than Honey Ministry Facebook page.

I've found people are really hungry for spiritual things and knowledge about God and they just need a place and a friend to encourage them.  I hope you'll join me in this exciting new journey and find just that.

Blessings,

Mimi


"How sweet are your words to my taste, sweeter than honey to my mouth!"  
Psalm 119:103  NIV Bible


No comments:

Post a Comment