Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Outdoor Project Done!

Hey! 

I teased you a couple of weeks ago with this  post.  I'm sure you had no problem guessing what I was busy doing.  Well, I'm happy to say that the first project is done!  
The problem began two years ago, when I got new patio furniture.  Four months later, the cushions looked like this...

 
 I know I live in a hot, humid, sunny climate but, really?!   When I touched the fabric, it just disintegrated into fabric dust -- Gross!  The only option I had because I couldn't find my receipt (don't you hate that?!) was to either purchase new cushions or make them. 


I decided to make new cushions.  I bought outdoor fabric from Hancock's and repurposed the fill and cording from the original cushions.  After only four cushions, somehow, I had run out of cording.  When the manufacturer made the cushions, they must've been magical because I used the same cording. --Go figure.

This year, my plan was to finish what I started.  Unfortunately, the leaves, birds, bug guts and general dirt were showing on the ones I made last year. 

I tried Scotchguard cleaner but didn't have much success.  So, I googled and Martha Stewart came to the rescue!  Fels-Naptha soap.  The soap is apparently readily available at any grocery store everywhere except here.  I searched everywhere -- the grocery stores, the drugstores, the health food stores.  Nobody knew what I was talking about and then, Honey Do made a random trip into Fred's and found it.  Only a couple of dollars, this bar did the job! 


And finally, two years later...


Ahhhh, time to relax...


Blessings,

Mimi


 "Find rest ,O my soul, in God alone; my hope comes from him."  
Psalm 61:5  NIV Bible






2 comments: